Sunday, August 9, 2009

Colorado









This weekend we decided to go over to Colorado Springs and visit my grandma and grandpa Sorensen. We left Thursday night and spent the night in the pickup between Richfield and Grand Junction. 4 people in the back of the cab don't fit very well, we tried it. So, Macee and I sat in the front of the pickup while Parker and Reece slept in the back seat. The back of the pickup was so full that the carseats sat in the front with Macee and I so needless to say there wasn't much room in the front, and Macee wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her which means I didn't get much sleep. At 4 am I woke Reece up and we loaded the kids back in their seats and got back on the road. We went through Apen to get there which added about 2 hours to our trip. We finally pulled into my grandparents house around 4 p.m. 12 hours in one day with a 6 week old and a 3 year old. It wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't reccomend it. Macee doesn't like her carseat. We had a lot of fun and we're really glad we went to see them. Both nights we stayed up til 12:00 playing cards. We are on our way home now. We will stop this afternoon in Pagosa Springs and spend the night in our tent in a campground, and then we'll head the rest of the way home tomorrow.

7 comments:

Woods Family said...

looks like lots of fun sissy!! I'm glad grandma and grandpa got to see Macee! those 2 pictures of her on the side are adorable!

Portia said...

Meagan, looks like fun. I just have to tell you, that you look amazing! Nobody believes it that you just had a baby, way to go!

Becky said...

Cute pictures Magoo! I love the one with you and bubba by the tree. Parkers hands are black! I bet he was digging with that spoon he has in his mouth.

Jessica said...

That is fun, and your pics of Macee up at the top are really sweet and adorable.

Woods Family said...

k missy i'm missin my sister and her cute family. its time to update with some pictures of my adorable niece and nephew!! whats the last funny thing Ralphys done?

Tiffany said...

Hey Megan I hope you don't mind that I got your blog page, I promise I am not a stocker :) Hey you guys are so stinkin cute and your little girl is beautiful! I am so glad to see some pics of you guys and you look great!!!

KayDee said...

She is still so tiny!!! Looks like you guys had a fun time!! It's always good to get away! Hope school is going good?!