Thursday, July 29, 2010

4th of July

Over the 4th of July weekend we went camping. Reece and Parker stayed in a tent, but I wasn't ready to try it again, so at dark, Macee and I went home to sleep in our own beds. We camped Friday evening and Sunday evening. Saturday night, we went over to Parowan to Reece's aunt Rita's house to watch fireworks, then on Sunday afternoon we went back out after church and the boys stayed the night. On Monday we went to the church and did the races. Parker wouldn't race, but Macee did a great job. Monday night we had a bbq at my mom's house with all of Reece's family. Then we all came back to our house and lit fireworks. It was such a fun weekend. The only way it could have been better is if Kenz and Randan would have been here with us. Parker and Reece had fun catching crawdads. Parker was pretty proud of himself because he caught one all by himself. The picture with the watermelon is Parker showing me the watermelon that grew in the creek. He was so funny. He came running up from the creek all excited telling me that there was a watermelon growing down there. We never told him different.

2 comments:

Woods Family said...

CUTE pictures! I heard it was a good time. Randan and I were bummed we missed it! Can't wait to can't wait to move and be close!

The Gardine's said...

Watermelon growing in the creek! That is so funny because that is what I used to think as a little girl as well. Too cute!