Thursday, October 22, 2009

Deer camp

Deer camp was a lot of fun. Reece has wanted to have a big deer camp every year, but it never happens. We didn't have everyone, but more than in years past since I've been in the family. Reece would like for everyone to just plan on camping for the deer hunt whether they had tags or not so we could all get together. We always have so much fun when all the Staheli's get together. There was my family, Orrin and Georgia, Meg and Trav, Ben, Shan, and kids, and a guy that works with Ben and one of his family members. We stayed in a tent with a wood stove. The kids both slept great and slept throught the nights, but Reece and I were up throughout the night trying to keep wood in the stove burning. We only took a little blanket because we thought the stove would burn longer than it did, but it still worked out great for us becuase the kids stayed warm. I brought them a bunch of blankets. We went out Friday afternoon and stayed until Monday afternoon. The weather was great. Parker had fun playing with Addilee, Patton, and Mylee. The kids were filthy dirty each night but I just cleaned him off with a wipee. We really roughed it this time. I never came back into town, the kids didn't have a bath the whole time, and we all slept in a tent. It's been a while since we've slept all nights of our camping trip in a tent. Usually we wimp out after the first night and either sleep in Georgia's trailer or we come home to sleep in our own beds. Orrin shot a deer Sunday night. Reece and Parker were both with him. Parker wasn't sure about the deer riding in the back of the jeep with him. He didn't like it too much. When they got back they hung it up in a tree and skinned it with Trav's help. Parker didn't like the "bleed" he kept telling me. He did stand with grandpa for a few pictures though. Reece still hasn't filled his tag. He's hoping to have some luck in the next few days since it ends Sunday. Well that's enough for one day, sorry it's so much. I'm caught up now so I don't have to post for a few months again. Although that will be Christmas so hopefully I get a post before then (just for you kenz if nothing else). Oh, a little about the pictures. The kids thought they were pretty funny pushing their faces up against the screen door. They laughed and laughed. Georgia and I watched the kids each morning while everyone else went hunting. Reece was apparently pooped after keeping the stove going all night and then an early morning hunt, he and Macee conked out in the chair. Parker was trying out his dads slingshot. He could actually shoot it. This is the digger we got him for his birthday. He thinks he's pretty good at it.




2 comments:

Woods Family said...

its about dang freakin time. I've been checkin this thing every day just to see you've updated. =) you better do it before 3 months if nothing else then for me!! =) I can't believe how much those stickin cute lil squirts change!! cute pictures and posts! I miss you guys. can't wait to see you over thanks giving! love ya!

Makenzie & Jordan said...

I love the picture of Reece and the baby sleeping!