Thursday, October 22, 2009

St. George Marathon

The first weekend in October was the Marathon. Macee, Parker, and I went down to St. George on Friday night and spent the night at my mom and dad's place down there with my mom. Dad fixed us yummy spaghetti with chicken. Ralph gobbled it all up. Then dad went back to Enterprise to sleep the night in his own bed. That way he was able to just drive to Central and not have to deal with the buses from St. George. This was the first year I didn't have to wake up super early to go with my mom to drop him off in Central and drive through by six. It was wonderful to sleep in a little. We went the night before and saved our seat near the finish line so we didn't have to worry about having a place to sit. We got to the finish line as the first male was crossing the finish line. Dad finished in 3 hours 4 minutes. I love going to support the runners, and especially my dad. He is such a great example to us all. Both kids were really good. Parker just played with a truck and Macee slept the whole morning in my sling. Reece went out to the Peaks with his family to hunt for a spike. They camped Friday night and Saturday night and came home Sunday afternoon. They got another bucket of pinenuts so at least they got something.

No comments: